The COVID-19 pandemic has been tough on everyone, especially Emergency Managers. As we continue to navigate our way through this public health crisis, it’s clearer than ever that your vocation and hard work to keep communities safe is no “trivial pursuit”.
At Juvare, we’re proud to do our part to “help the heroes” – to support all of you on the front lines who are coordinating the continued COVID-19 response, including contact tracing activities as organizations reopen, and staying prepared to respond to any crisis or emergency that might occur.
In addition to offering innovative emergency management solutions – like our new Contact Tracing and Case Management solution – powered by WebEOC –we also like to bring a little fun to the difficult and serious work you’re doing, like our COVID-19 playlist on Spotify, our list of top movies to get through the pandemic, downloadable EOC-related Zoom video conferencing backgrounds, or our tips for dealing with increased stress during the COVID-19 pandemic.
To that end, we’ve put together a little emergency management trivia – a fun way to test yourself and maybe brush up on some industry-related knowledge.
How do you think you’ll do? Are you an emergency management trivia expert? Find out below!
- Which president created FEMA?
a. John F. Kennedy
b. Dwight D. Eisenhower
c. Jimmy Carter
d. Franklin Delano Roosevelt
- What does the Richter scale measure?
a. the damage from an earthquake
b. the magnitude of an earthquake
c. the location of an earthquake
d. how well your seismograph works
- What was the most powerful Atlantic hurricane ever recorded?
a. Katrina (2005)
b. Dorian (2019)
c. Wilma (2005)
d. Cammile (1969)
- Has there ever been a tornado rated an F-6 on the Fujita scale?a. Yes. Tornado trackers followed an F-6 tornado for 5 miles in Oklahoma in 1978.
b. No way. Never happened.
- What is the most common type of natural disaster?
d. Atlanta Falcons in the post season
- What animal preceded Smokey Bear as the U.S. mascot for forest fire prevention?
a. Baloo the bear from The Jungle Book
b. Bambi, from the Disney animated feature
c. Yogi Bear and his pal Boo Boo
- What was the largest wildfire in U.S. history?
a. The Great Fire of 1910
b. The Mann Gulch Fire, 1949
c. The Great Chicago Fire, 1871
d. The Camp Fire, 2018
- What does “The Waffle House Index” measure?
a. Community response to a natural disaster
b. How much coffee will be needed by emergency managers
c. Varying levels of scattered, smothered, and covered
d. The effect of a storm and the likely scale of assistance required for disaster recovery
- In what country did the strongest earthquake on record occur?