In mere days, we’ll be converging on one of the most colorful, lively and unique cities in the world, for the #1 event of the year for Emergency Management and Health Planning & Response professionals!
What’s not to be excited about?
We can’t wait for you to see what we’ve got in store at Exchange19, from great keynote speakers to awesome networking events – all with a New Orleans flair!
You won’t want to miss a thing, so for complete Exchange19 conference “situational awareness” get your mobile device out now and download the Exchange19 app! It’s available in Apple and Google app stores. Just search for Juvare Events and download it!
For those who won’t be able to join us, be sure to follow #Exchange19 on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn to follow all the events and activities. Sure, it’ll be hard to see what you’re missing, but you can start planning now to make the case for attending Exchange in 2020.
By now you probably know about all the amazing events and activities we have in store for Exchange19, but here are 7 things that we’re most excited about:
- Comfortable, convenient conference location, just 2 blocks from New Orleans’ famous French Quarter and 6 blocks from the riverfront overlooking the Mississippi River.
- Incredible Networking opportunities, with dinners, receptions and activities to connect and re-connect. A great chance to meet, interact and have some fun while exchanging ideas and best practices with other Emergency Management and Health Prep & Response professionals. That’s why we call it Exchange! Be on the lookout for a special NOLA-style surprise at our first networking reception!
- Captivating Keynote Speakers, with former Navy SEAL training officer Rorke Denver and veteran disaster health manager Todd Stalbaum. Both speakers bring years of first-hand experience on the front lines. Stalbaum has seen his share of involvement in some major events and incidents including multiple Florida hurricanes and at the Pulse Nightclub shooting in Orlando. Commander Denver has led special forces in missions and incidents around the world as officer in charge of Bravo Platoon, SEAL Team THREE. Needless to say, both speakers have amazing stories to tell with fascinating and thought-provoking perspective.
- Join your colleagues for offsite, behind-the scenes visits to:
- The City of New Orleans Real Time Crime Center – You’ll see the inner workings of emergency operations at the the city’s Homeland Security center, built after Hurricane Katrina, where they use cutting edge technology to communicate with First Responders.
- Mardi Gras World – get up close views into how all the pieces come together for New Orleans’ most famous annual event. See how the floats are made, learn about the event’s fascinating history, see and try on costumes, meet artists and even try some famous King Cake!
- Expanded “Guru Lounges” for one-on-one time with solutions experts, open every day from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. The Guru Lounges were so popular last year that we’ve added twice as many. You’ll get personal, specialized interaction with experts who’ll help you streamline your operations to be more effective and efficient.
- Recognition/Awards presentation for exceptional and noteworthy organizations and initiatives. Hey, we’re all winners at Exchange19, but the awards dinner is a great opportunity to recognize organizations for exceptional work, and learn what’s working for them, so that you can improve your operations. In the end, it’s all about constant improvement so we can better support our organizations and communities.
- Did we mention the Exchange19 app? Search the app store for Juvare Events and download it now!
Why download the app?
- Find schedules for speakers, networking activities, guru lounges, receptions, meals and more.
- Play Games, Win Prizes: Check out the Games section in the app for some fun activities to get you into the Exchange19 spirit! Win prizes for your participation – you’ll receive points from playing the in-app games. The three winners who have accumulated the most points will receive special prizes at the Exchange19 Networking Dinner. Rules can be found by clicking the Games icon and tapping Rules.
- Get speaker or session info by tapping the “Speakers” tab in the app. Add a reminder, take photos or leave feedback on sessions and speakers.
- Find colleagues in the “Attendees” tab. Save contact info to interact and keep in touch.
- Interact, “Exchange” and Post fun stuff about your Exchange19 activities on the app’s Social Wall; also find sponsor information, access maps, and more!
So, as you see, there’s so much to get excited about at Exchange19. And plenty of reasons to start making plans to attend Exchange in 2020.
We can’t wait to see you in New Orleans!