Technology allows people and organizations to be more connected than ever before. However, the ability to connect doesn’t always mean we are connecting in the right ways. Plus, the abundance of information can sometimes be overwhelming and cause us the truly important information to fall through the cracks.
The COVID-19 pandemic in particular has, for many organizations, highlighted the need for more effective tracking and monitoring of data that enables them to take action quicker and more effectively. It has also shown that no organization is an island. Working in silos is the equivalent of watching a situation through a keyhole, and during a crisis this approach can be catastrophic. Being able to collaborate both internally and externally with key stakeholders – with everyone looking at the same accurate, up-to-the-minute data – is crucial.
Situational awareness is the cornerstone of effective emergency management and is central to faster and more decisive response to incidents as they occur.
Using an emergency management platform helps by giving organizations the tools to connect in all the right ways – with the right people and the right information. Platforms like the industry-leading WebEOC help organizations centralize and keep track of important data and information so that it’s easy to view and act on. The platform also eases collaboration and communication with other organizations and agencies to develop and display a complete common operating picture of the situation. This in turn empowers better decision making and a more effective emergency response to better protect people and property, mitigate damage and disruption, and recover more quickly.
Do you have the capabilities you need – whether it’s in reopening normal operations and staying prepared in the wake of the pandemic, or taking quick action in the event of a natural disaster like a hurricane or wildfires?
How does your organization stack up? Here are 5 questions you should ask yourself when assessing your critical incident situational awareness and emergency response capabilities:
- Does your organization have an effective platform to allow a central, comprehensive view of company or organization-wide and state-level information – a common operating picture – that provides a full view of day-to-day incidences and occurrences, with organization-wide summaries?
- Do you have accurate status and visibility of surrounding local government and businesses to better determine the impact to your organization, staff, employees, and/or customers?
- Are you able to gain awareness of incidents occurring in your geographic area, allowing advance preparation for critical incidents?
- Do you have the ability to quickly identify needs and allocate resources appropriately when critical incidents occur?
- Do you have standardized means of communication and collaboration with organization leadership, employees, partners, as well as key local, state, and federal agencies and other stakeholders?
Situational awareness is central to faster and more decisive response, and that’s where emergency management solutions like WebEOC play a key role. Preparedness, response, and recovery can be greatly aided and enhanced by creating a centralized platform that provides your organization with a real-time common operating picture of critical incidents as they unfold to help your team accurately assess risks, minimize impacts, and manage response to safeguard employees and maintain business continuity.
Additionally, an emergency management platform can also be used on a day-to-day basis to record all types of events, incidents, and activities.
As we continue to navigate through the ever-changing and unexpected circumstances that surround the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as stay prepared for a potentially busy year for hurricanes and wildfires, keep in mind that Juvare emergency management solutions are an investment in your organization’s future, protecting your people, property, facilities, operation, and brand in the event of a natural or man-made disaster.
To learn more, contact us today!